Submission of papers
Editorial and reviewing procedures
Publication Ethics and Publication Malpractice Statement
The journal is both free to read and free to publish for everyone.
All submitted manuscripts are checked using the plagiarism detection software.
Articles in JAMCM are published under Creative Commons Attribution - Non-commercial 3.0. Unported License https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/.
Submission of papers
- Author(s) should submit the manuscript(s) online: JAMCM Editorial System.
In case of any questions or problems, please do not hesitate to contact us - e-mail: email@example.com .
- Registration and login are required to submit manuscript(s) online and to check the status of current submissions.
- The manuscript should be prepared according to Publication preparation guideline
Microsoft Word template - DOC file
LaTeX template - ZIP file
- Each submission should include:
- a PDF file of the manuscript in the correct format,
- one source file: DOC/DOCX or ZIP containing the necessary LaTeX files,
- the scanned Declaration (signed by all authors) that the submitted manuscript is original, has not been published elsewhere in any language and is not considered for publication elsewhere,
- the scanned License to publish (signed by author(s)),
- suggestion for four independent reviewers (name, affiliation and e-mail address) from outside the native scientific institution, not affiliated with any of the authors and without scientific cooperation in the last two years.
- The manuscript should be completed (figures, tables, etc.) and prepared in English language. There is a limit of 12 pages for papers submitted to JAMCM.
- When fragments of other publications (figures, tables, etc.) are being used, authors are obliged to gain consent necessary for their usage in the article.
- The Editor reserves the right to make editorial changes in the text.
- Articles prepared in defiance with the indications shall be returned to their authors.
- Manuscripts that report computations using commercial software packages and manuscripts reporting results obtained with established methods (unless they involve challenging computations) are not encouraged.
- The authors guarantee that they have the appropriate authority from their employers and/or funding agencies to publish the work.
- Only two submissions per author per year will be considered.
- JAMCM publishes original research papers (the review papers are not accepted).
Editorial and reviewing procedures:
- all submitted manuscripts will be preliminary verified by the Editors, to determine whether they are properly prepared and whether they follow the ethical policies of the journal. Editors also check the detailed information about the Author's and each co-author's contribution (filled in the Declaration and the License to publish) - in order to counteract scientific dishonesty such as "Ghostwriting" and "Ghost authorship",
- manuscripts that do not fulfill the journal's ethics policy or the standards of the journal will be rejected before peer-review,
- not properly prepared manuscripts will be returned to the authors for revision and resubmission,
- Editor-in-Chief determine whether the manuscript fits the scope of the journal and whether it is scientifically sound. If not, the manuscript will be rejected before peer-review,
- at the same time, the manuscript is examined by use of plagiarism detection software to verify the originality of the written work.
After a positive initial verification, a manuscript will be peer-reviewed (a single-blind review is applied). JAMCM not guarantee manuscript acceptance and very short peer review times. The following rules apply:
- a manuscript will be assigned to at least three independent experts (outside the native scientific institution and not affiliated with any of the authors) for peer-review,
- reviewers sign a declaration of no conflict of interest, whereby a conflict of interest occurs when there is a direct personal relationship between the reviewer and the author (in particular affinity to the second degree, marriage), professional subordination or direct scientific cooperation in the last two years preceding the year the review is prepared,
- the written review contains an unambiguous conclusion of the reviewer concerning the conditions of publication/release of the reviewed article or its rejection,
- the review form containing the criteria for eligibility or rejection of the publication is on the website of the journal: Article review,
- the names of the reviewers of each publication are not disclosed.
Editorial Decision and Revision:
All the manuscripts published in JAMCM go through the peer-review. The editorial office will communicate the decision of the executive editor, which will be one of the following:
- Accept after Minor Revisions:
The paper is in principle accepted after revision based on the reviewer’s comments. Authors are requested to resubmit the revised paper in one week.
- Reconsider after Major Revisions:
The acceptance of the manuscript is conditionally and depends on the revisions. Authors need to prepare a letter containing a point by point response or provide a rebuttal if some of the reviewer’s comments cannot be revised. Authors will be requested to resubmit the revised paper within a suitable time frame. The revised version of the manuscript will be returned to the reviewer for further comments.
The manuscript has serious flaws, and/or makes no original significant contribution. The resubmission to the journal is not provided.
A reject decision at this stage is final and cannot be reversed.
Publication Ethics and Publication Malpractice Statement
The publication ethics of the Journal of Applied Mathematics and Computational Mechanics is based on the Guidelines of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) (publicationethics.org). Details can be found at: http://publicationethics.org/files/u2/Best_Practice.pdf. The guidelines determine the duties and rules for the Editors, Reviewers and Authors.
The process of editing and reviewing the submitted manuscripts excludes practices such as:
- duplicate publication,
- fabrication of data,
- potential conflict of the interest,
- unjustified adding authors or miss authors.
If reporting activity is incompatible with the ethical issues of the publication, then the Editor-in-Chief or one of the editors of the journal will consider this with the accordance the COPE procedures (https://publicationethics.org/guidance/Flowcharts). In the case of unethical practices, the editorial office will proceed with the recommendations of the Committee on Publication Ethics.
Protection against ghostwriting and guest authorship
Ghostwriting and guest authorship are classified as academic negligence. The following procedure is used for each published article:
- written agreement of all authors for the publication of the article,
- information on the author's affiliation,
- written statement of the author(s) that the work is original and has not been published in a scientific journal, and that after being accepted for publication it will not be printed in another journal,
- written statement of the author(s) about their personal contribution to the publication.
All submitted manuscripts will be checked using the plagiarism detection software. In the case of detected potential plagiarism (Full, Partial or Self-Plagiarism) the editorial office of JAMCM follows the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE)'s guidelines presented in the flowcharts: Suspected plagiarism in a submitted manuscript (PDF), Suspected plagiarism in a published manuscript (PDF). For other plagiarism issues and scientific misconduct, Journal applies the COPE Guidance on Plagiarism Cases.