The Journal of Applied Mathematics and Computational Mechanics was formerly known as the Scientific Research of the Institute of Mathematics and Computer Science
(in Polish: Prace Naukowe Instytutu Matematyki i Informatyki)
Scientific Research of the Institute of Mathematics and Computer Science (SRIMCS), established in 2002, was the first journal published by the Institute of Mathematics and Computer Science of the Czestochowa University of Technology. The first Editor-in-chief of this journal was Professor Bohdan Mochnacki.
Selected issues of the SRIMCS contain the papers written by authors of the most interesting and inspiring results presented during the conferences and meetings, among others:
- Conference on Mathematical Modeling in Physics and Engineering (since 2009) organized by Polish Mathematical Society and Institute of Mathematics,
- session organized as a part of International Conference on Parallel Processing and Applied Mathematics,
- Workshop of the Institute of Mathematics and Computer Science (in Polih: Sympozjum Instytutu Matamatyki i Informatyki - SIMI).
The journal SRIMCS was published:
- annually from 2002 to 2007,
- semi-annually from 2008 to 2011,
- quarterly from 2012.
Summing up, 412 articles in 18 issues of the SRIMCS in years 2002-2012 have been published.
The journal is on the list of scientific journals of the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education. Each paper was awarded with 5 points (2012), 6 points (2010-2011), 4 points (2007-2009).
Since 2013, the SRIMCS has been entitled the Journal of Applied Mathematics and Computational Mechanics.